The overnight oats recipe post has been sponsored by Juicy Juice as a member of their #JuicyJuiceCrew. All opinions are my own.
The night before Thanksgiving I had Dustyn help me make overnight oats. That way on Thanksgiving morning we had a super simple breakfast since I knew the day was going to be busy. I have to admit this is the very first time I have made overnight oats. They tasted amazing!! The yogurt over the warm oats reminded me of ice cream over a warm piece of apple pie. What made it even better is I only had to dirty up a jar and a spoon per person. I adapted this recipe from the Juicy Juice website.
- ½ cup of old fashion oats
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup Juicy Juice Berry Juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 container berry greek yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Add the oats, milk, juice, honey, and cinnamon to the jar.
- Place the lid on the jar and shake until well combined.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Top with yogurt and blueberries.
What I really like about this recipe is everyone can make their oatmeal their own. You could always change up the seasonings, yogurt or fruit. This recipe is so easy and makes breakfast in the morning a breeze. I used greek yogurt so I had protein to keep me fuller longer. I can’t wait to make variations of this recipe especially when we have busy mornings before school. I usually skip breakfast during the week and I know that isn’t good for me.