Recipe 4/52 for my 30 before 30 list. I am making and blogging about one new recipe a week. This Creamy Ranch Chicken recipe came from the cookbook I typed up for my friend’s mom, Pauline. I had been wanting to try it for awhile and was finally able to cook it this week.
The recipe is very easy to make and it is nice because your probably already have all of the ingredients on hand. I also like that fact that you don’t have to dirty up a bunch of different dishes. Cook the noodles in a pot and everything else gets cooked in the skillet.
Creamy Ranch Chicken
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. ranch dry salad dressing mix
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3 cups dried medium noodles
- 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- Cut bacon into narrow strips. In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Drain bacon on paper towels; reserve 2 Tbsp. drippings.
- In the same skillet, cook chicken in reserverd drippings until tender and no longer pink, turning to brown evenly.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions.
- Sprinkle flour and salad dressing mix over the chicken in the skillet; stir well. Stir in milk.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in bacon.
- Drain noodles and mix in with chicken; sprinkle with Parmesan.
If you notice it is a bit dry after adding everything you can add a splash of milk.