This weekend I made this simple sausage and cheese frittata in our cast iron skillet. It was delicious. I thought I would share what I put in mine, you can always change up what veggies and cheese you put in yours.
Sausage and Cheese Frittata
- 1lb. hot sausage
- 1 onion
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Cook the sausage and onion together until done.
- Beat the eggs, dry mustard, hot sauce, salt and pepper together.
- Stir in the cheeses and set to the side.
- Drain fat from the sausage add in the tomatoes and saute for a couple minutes.
- Make sure the ingredients are flat on the cast iron skillet bottom.
- Pour the egg/cheese mixture over the sausage mixture.
- Let it sit on the burner for about a minute to set the edges.
- Put the cast iron skillet in the oven.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes. Longer if you like your eggs to be brown on top.
It is perfect to make on Sunday and have leftovers for the week. Next time I want to add in some peppers, and spinach. I am excited to try different combinations.