Recipe 19/52 for my 30 before 30 list. I am making and blogging about one new recipe a week. I am so excited about this weeks recipe. French Dip Sandwiches are my absolute favorite type of sandwich. I love dipping my sandwich in the au jus. The crispy bread, the melted provolone cheese. Yumm! I could eat French Dip Sandwiches at least once a week.
The chuck roast is made in the slow cooker so you can put it on in the morning and dinner will basically be ready to go in the evening. I love meals like this. Makes week day evenings much easier.
French Dip Sandwiches
By Sarah Halstead
- 3-5 lb boneless chuck roast
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 package brown gravy mix
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- kaiser rolls
- provolone cheese
- Place the chuck roast in bottom of slow cooker.
- Mix together the water, garlic powder, salt, pepper, brown gravy mix, worcestershire sauce. Pour mixture over the chuck roast.
- Turn slow cooker to low and let cook 6-8 hours, or until it falls apart.
- When roast is done, place it on a plate and shred.
- Save drippings to make Au Jus.
- Cut your kaiser rolls in half. Put some roast and provolone cheese on top.
- Broil in oven till bread is brown and cheese is melted.
- Serve with Au Jus.
What is your favorite type of sandwich?
Terri S says