Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone. Hope everyone has a great day. Sorry this Part 2 took forever to do. I was waiting for more questions but didn’t get any, so here are my answers. Thanks to those who asked questions. If you still have a question you want me to answer, click the button at the bottom of this post. I have enjoyed answering your questions. I may even do them in a form of a Vlog next time.
These questions were from Michelle @ Raising Little Women:
- How you get into photography? I answered this a little in my last post. I bought my DSLR mainly because I was tired of my camera being 1 second too slow when chasing around Dustyn. ha ha. Those point and shoots just aren’t fast enough for kids. I started taking photos and people kept complimenting on my photos and asked for me to take theirs. The rest goes with the next question.
- How do you handle the whole friend/client thing? I really got burned out on this “problem” [for me anyway] over the summer. At first I did free photo shoots for friends to build my portfolio, after that I started charging. Granted I don’t charge a lot for my shoots anyways but it covers my time.
- What kind of camera bag do you have? I have the Raspberry Rose Jo Totes. Right now they are sold out of some bags but should be getting more in soon. I love it. It has plenty of room for my camera, a couple lenses, my speed light and my wallet/cell phone/keys.
I loved this question from [email protected] da hughes ‘ohana:
- How do you find the time to manage the household and those 2 cute boys plus a photography business plus running a great blog?! Any tips to make it all work? I’d love to be able to do all that you do. I stay up too late and my house is a wreck. ha ha! In all seriousness. I have been working on this. I used to spend literally almost all day on the computer. I wrote a post about my convictions the other day. I am still trying to find balance. The past couple days I have only been writing and visiting other blogs while 1 or both of the boys are sleeping. Which keeps me up way too late and I still don’t get to visit everyone, but I have been trying to at least post and get my photos edited. Right now the photography business is a little slow. We will see what happens when that picks back up.
Tips that have worked for me are:
- Get posts scheduled ahead of time. It really helps me stay organized
- I use a planner to keep up with what I need to be doing outside of the blog world
- I make lots of to do lists.
- When I do need to get cleaning done while the boys are sleeping I will clean for 15 minutes then get back to blogging and visiting, then go back to cleaning; then just go back and forth. It breaks it up and I am still able to get stuff done.
- How did you make your header? I used this template from Captivus Living. She even did a video tutorial for it.