Back when I was younger and my photography passion was first starting I had a polaroid camera and it was so much fun to instantly print out the photo. Even though I am a photographer, I am the WORST at actually printing my photos out. Therefore, I was so excited to try out the new Polaroid Lab and turn our memories into timeless images.
The first picture I printed with my Polaroid Lab was the sunrise from the girl’s beach trip I went on.
Once you download the app onto your phone you open up the app then it prompts you to pick Single, Double, Triple, Four, Six, Nine photos. For example, the way it works is you pick a photo and then it will print a part of the photo on four different polaroids and you can put it together. Here is a screenshot of how the collage would work.
This is how it prints out from the Polaroid Lab. It is super easy to do and the process is so nostalgic, it brings me back to my younger days.
Once it prints you take it out from under the black roller, flip them over and leave them there for 15 minutes to properly expose them.
The Polaroid Lab takes the digital and makes it analog. From something on a screen to a tangible thing, a moment to be shared with a friend, an experience that you can hold in your hand. This would make the perfect Christmas present for that photographer in your life.
Polaroid Lab Specifics:
- Compatible Film Polaroid: Originals i-Type and 600 film (Color, Black & White and Special Editions)
- Compatible Smartphones: iPhone 6, 6s, 7, 8, X, Xs and newer, Most Android™ Smartphones
- Lab Dimensions: L 5.9 × W 4.6 × H 5.9 in (closed) – L 5.9 × W 4.6 × H 7 in (open)
- Weight: 1.44 lbs (655 grams) (without film pack)
- Battery: High-performance lithium-ion battery, 1100mAh, 3.7V nominal Voltage, 4.07Wh
- Materials: Polycarbonate, TPU, EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer)
- Lenses: Optical grade acrylic lenses, AR coated on top lens surface
- Shutter System: Fixed aperture, variable speed shutter module (solenoid)
- The App: Available for iOS and Android
- Compatible iOS versions: iOS 11+
- Compatible Android versions: Android 5+
Have you ever own a Polaroid? How do you print your timeless images?