Planning your Easter table does not have to be overwhelming, especially with these creative DIY easter table decor ideas from FTD!
After the kids have gone hunting for Easter eggs, use the dyed eggshells to plant succulents! You can also plant sprouts into halved eggshells and place it in an egg holder. Within days you’ll have a unique place setting idea that will certainly impress your guests.
Get your creative juices flowing by checking out these ideas and other creative DIYs to decorate your Easter table with. Each visual features a helpful list of materials to help you get started. You’ll see that making your own table decorations can actually be quite easy!
10 DIY Easter Table Decor Ideas
Eggshell Place Setting
- Plant alfalfa seeds in broken egg shells. Place these eggshells by the window or wherever there’s sunshine, and watch your seeds sprout within a few days. Check out 17Apart’s guide on how to grow sprouts in eggshells.
- Nestle the shells into pastel egg holders to create a festive arrangement
- Decorate with mini quail eggs to complete the look. Don’t forget to boil them first!
- Instead of dying or painting your Easter eggs, you can decoupage them!
- Cut out your favorite designs from printed napkins and peel off the first thin layer that contains the printed design. Checkout Buzzfeed’s instructional video on decoupaging for details on how to do this step.
- Paint a thin layer of decoupage glue onto the egg, and adhere the printed design. Paint over the design with more glue and you’re done!
Glittered Easter Egg Place Setting Decor
- Take your Easter eggs to the next level by dipping them in confetti or glitter! Of course, gold is our favorite color.
- After you’ve colored your eggs, simply brush a thin layer of glue on the bottom half of the egg. Dip in gold glitter and you’re done!
- Place a glitter egg atop each plate on the dinner table, or scatter them down the table’s center for a unique conversation piece.
Easter Teacup Place Setting
- For a whimsical look, fill a teacup with mini Easter egg candies or chocolates.
- Use candies that are coated in a variety of pastel colors.
- Top with delicate spring flowers or buds like cherry blossoms.
Easter Centerpiece with Spring Flowers
- Use spring flowers to create a floral centerpiece: think tulips, peonies, and stock flowers.
- Let the lush flowers do the talking by arranging them in a simple vase.
- Pair bright colors like purple and pink with fillers that have a neutral color like green and white.
Easter Pail Place Settings
- Arrange colored Easter eggs in mini pails or buckets.
- Fill with greenery or faux grass to create a fun springtime look.
- Place them on top of folded cloth napkins, in coordinating colors.
Faux Nest Place Setting
- Create individual Easter egg nests for a place setting idea that will delight your guests!
- Embellish nests with tiny flowers such as baby’s breath and waxflowers.
- Complete your display with a kraft paper tag and a festive hand-scrolled message.
Floral Bud Vases
- Place daffodils into small bud vases.
- Arrange in clusters on the table for a unique centerpiece idea.
- Elevate the look by lining the table with a decorative table runner.
- Gently break the tops off of dyed Easter egg shells.
- Line with a bed of soil and plant tiny succulents and cacti.
- Arrange eggshells in an egg carton or porcelain egg holder to create a centerpiece that will show off your green thumb.
Easter Candy Pots
- Mini peat pots can be found in gardening supply stores and are usually used for growing seedlings.
- Fill these pots with shredded kraft paper and miniature chocolate eggs for a rustic-chic place setting.
- For an added touch of personalization, tie on a name tag with twine or write your guest’s name directly on the pot.
Hope you enjoy these DIY Easter Table Decor Ideas and that they help you prepare your Easter table.