After I had Prestyn, my friend Joyce brought this over for dinner. It is perfect to make and take to a friend that just had a baby, or surgery, or just needs a little extra help.
Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole
Creamy Chicken & Rice Casserole
- 2 Chicken Breast
- Chicken Base
- 2 Cups Rice
- 22.6 oz. Can Cream of Chicken
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- Garlic Powder
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil the chicken in a large pot with water, 2 tablespoons chicken base, salt and pepper for 15 minutes or until done.
- Cook the rice according to the directions on package or in a rice cooker.
- Mix together the cream of chicken, cooked chicken, cooked rice, 1 cup cheddar cheese, 1 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup of the chicken stock you cooked the chicken in.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste in a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the other cup of cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
What do you like to make for your friend that just had a baby?