Recipe 12/52 for my 30 before 30 list. I am making and blogging about one new recipe a week. Today I am sharing a healthy version of buffalo chicken bites. I really love buffalo chicken dip but it is not the healthiest with all the cream cheese and mozzarella. This recipe actual includes one out of my five Medifast meals from the day and it stays on plan.
Buffalo Chicken Bites
By Sarah Halstead
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp frank's red hot wing sauce
- 2 bags medifast parmesan cheese puffs
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp ranch dressing
- 2 tsp frank's red hot wing sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Finely crush the parmesan puffs into a bread-crumb consistency.
- Mix the parmesan cheese with the crushed parmesan puffs and pour crumb mixture into a plastic bag. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into cubes/chunks.
- Combine chicken with frank's red hot wing sauce, tossing until combined.
- Place the coated chicken into the bag with the crumb mixture and shake the bag, making sure the chicken is completely coated with the crumbs.
- Put the crumb coated chicken cubes onto a baking sheet and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Combine ranch dressing and frank's red hot wing sauce and stir until combined. Serve with chicken bites.
If you do not have medifast parmesan puffs you could substitute with bread crumbs
This recipe was really easy to make and pretty delicious! It satisfied my craving while still remaining on plan. Kenny didn’t even mind them. It is also a great way for me to use the parmesan puffs since they are not my favorite medifast meal.
How do you like making “fried” chicken without it actually being fried?
Diana Trotter says