My friend made the Zuppa Toscana Soup for our Community Group a few weeks ago and I loved it! Normally when I go to Olive Garden I just get salad and bread sticks because I am overwhelmed by their soup choices. If she hadn’t made this and told me how good it is I would have never tried it. It is now my favorite and go to soup when we have colds.
It is a tad spicy so it really clears up your sinus’. You can control the spice by choosing the mild Italian Sausage and not putting as much crushed red pepper flakes in it. If you have not tried this yet go to the store and get the ingredients to make it. This soup is so easy to make. Some of the stuff can be cooked ahead of time to make . It is perfect for these cold winter days and nights.
Zuppa Toscana Soup
- 1 Onion, chopped finely
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- ½+ tsp crushed red pepper flake
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 5-6 medium potatoes, sliced thinly
- 32 oz. chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- 2-3 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 lb. italian sausage
- ½ bunch of kale, ribbed and shredded
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat butter and olive oil in large soup pot.
- Saute onion, garlic, crushed red pepper flake over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add chicken stock, water, bacon and potatoes. Bring to boil and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Brown sausage and drain before adding to soup.
- In the last ten minutes of cooking, add the kale and cook until wilted but still bright green.
- Remove soup from heat and stir in the heavy cream just before serving.
This soup is so delicious and really warms you up from the inside. So whenever you have a cold, grab a box of Kleenex Tissues and make some Zuppa Toscana Soup.