For Kenny’s 31st Birthday I made him a Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie because he loves Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. He also is not a huge fan of cake so I knew there was not point in me even making him a cake. My friend Kimberly sent me her Peanut Butter Pie recipe, but I wanted to make it more chocolaty (probably not a word). That way is would taste more like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. Let me just tell you it is amazing! Kenny had to keep himself from eating the whole pie because he knew it would make him go into a sugar coma and probably end up sick!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie
- 24 Oreo Cookies
- ⅓ Cup Butter
- 1 8oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tub cool whip
- 24 Mini Reese's Cups
- Crush the Oreos. You can do them more fine to get a smoother crust. I left them a little chunky because I like the crust to be thicker.
- Melt the butter then slowly add it in with the Oreos. I did a little at the time and stirred around until I got the consistency I wanted.
- Put the Oreo Mixture into a pie pan. I only pressed it on the bottom of the pan, not the sides. Again because I like a thick crust.
- Then I put the crust in the fridge while I made the filling. Just so the crust would cool down and harden a little.
- Cream together the cream cheese and peanut butter.
- Add in the sugar and thawed cool whip.
- Stir in 20 of the Reese's Cups.
- Pour into the crust and top with remaining Reese's Cups cut in half.
- Chill overnight.
Hope you enjoy this Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie recipe. It was very easy to make and would make a great surprise for your Valentine!