Recipe 21/52 for my 30 before 30 list. I am making and blogging about one new recipe a week. This beer bread recipe is so easy and delicious. This is a very hearty and thick bread. We love making it with the Shotgun Betty beer because it gives the bread a slight hint of banana. I want to try a pumpkin beer next and see how that tastes.
Beer Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all purpose flour (sifted)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- ½ cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients and beer.
- Pour half of the melted butter into the loaf pan.
- Add the bread mixture to the loaf pan.
- Pour remaining melted butter over mixture.
- Bake 1 hour, remove from pan and cool for at least 15 minutes.
The crust is the very best part. Yum! It is crunchy and buttery. Just amazing! Guess that is what happens when you use a whole stick of butter. I have to limit myself to only one piece or else I would site down and eat the whole loaf.